Hello there! I’m so excited to have you here 🙂
My name is Emily. My husband, Vince, and I live in a newly built home in Northern California with our two doodles, Luna (4) and Leo (2). I’m an occupational therapist by day, a decor enthusiast by night.
When I was young, I dreamed of becoming an artist, an architect, or an interior decorator but followed the stereotypical Asian expectations of going into the medical field instead. Although I enjoy helping my patients learn to live independently with an injury or illness, I am most at peace when I am at home, spending time with my family or creating a comfortable space where we can unwind after a busy day of work. Home truly is my favorite place to be.
I’m just your average girl with a few tools, a passion for home decor, and big dreams. I don’t have a professional background in home decor/design and am just a beginner with most tools, but I’m so excited to learn and hope that you’ll join me as I transform our builder-grade home into our dream home. I hope I can be an inspiration to you all in some way.
- I’m Taiwanese-American. My parents were both born and raised in Taiwan (not to be confused with Thailand) but met in California.
- I’m fun-sized at 5’2″!
- I love to paint, especially with watercolor and oils.
- I’m a big snacker. I love chips, crackers, fruits, etc!
- I prefer tarte/fruit flavored desserts over the “sweet” types, but I do love a good chocolate chip cookie or brownie edge.
- I despise reading instructions, manuals, or recipes… and only look over them if I can’t figure out how to make something work. Thank goodness Vince actually enjoys reading them!
- I am an Enneagram type 9, “The Peacemaker.”
Check out my instagram to learn a little bit more about me and my style. Thanks for following along!
Enter your email address below and click “subscribe” to receive my latest blog post directly in your email inbox!